• Watch a live dazzling plate spinning performance by acrobat Li Liu. Then try your hand at mastering this circus act.
• Plates and bowls are the main instruments in a live musical performance and workshop by industrial – percussive - alchemy band, GLANK.
• Discover all the dining rules broken by Yinka Shonibare’s installation Party Time in fun and interactive 10-minute speed etiquette courses led by The New School of Etiquette.
• Artist Torch Fuego is back to help you tag your name—graffiti style—onto a plate that’s yours to keep and eat on!
• Delve into Molly Hatch’s creative process using the Museum’s textile collection, a projector, markers, and of course, plates.
• Also, don't miss Gallery Tours and Planeterium Shows throughout the day.
About Second Sundays
Second Sundays is a series for all ages and takes place each month from October through June. Programs are designed to showcase the Museum’s special exhibitions and permanent collections and enhance the gallery experience.
Unless otherwise noted, all Second Sundays programs are included with general museum admission.