FREE Admission; Galleries open 5 pm; program begins 6 pm
Enter the wild world of textiles highlighting animal motifs found in the theatrical and political costumes of Dramatic Threads: Textiles of Asia. Highlights include live entertainment, artmaking activities, guided tours, and more. Light refreshments will be served.
- Get wild and dramatic during a fun game of karaoke as you sing tunes referencing animals and fashion. Winners will receive a Museum Shop gift card.
- Animal motifs, textiles, and live dance come together during “The Wild Textiles Show” featuring dancers from Bollywood Funk NYC and lion dancers from the Chinese Freemasons Athletic Club.
- Discover the animal in you during a Bazi (aka Chinese astrology) reading connecting your personal chart with textiles on display by Susan Chu of One Peace Sanctuary.
- Decorate your hands with a henna design inspired by a textile on view.
- Plus, textile-based artmaking activities, a planetarium show, guided tours, and more.