FREE Admission; Galleries open 5 pm; program begins 6 pm
Celebrate the Museum’s reinstallation of our Ancient Mediterranean gallery with artmaking, live music, dance performances, and in-gallery experiences fusing Egyptian, Greek, and Roman culture.
• Artmaking activities inspired by the Museum’s Ancient Mediterranean collection.
• Costumed guided tours of our newly reinstalled gallery.
• Dance to the sounds of Libation’s DJ Ian Friday.
• Feel the rhythm with an interactive drumming set by Curtis Watts.
• Watch Yasser Darwish spin, whirl, and twirl as he performs the Egyptian tanoura dance.
• Become mesmerized by belly dancer, Syreena Nikole.
About Late Thursdays
Reinvent your Thursday evenings with the Newark Museum’s Late Thursdays. Relax after hours with creatively inspired social evenings that offer a fresh take on the Museum’s captivating collections, through a dynamic mix of music, food, drinks, art, and entertainment.
Each evening focuses on a different topic or theme, generating a unique experience every time.