FREE Admission; Galleries open 5 pm; program begins 6 pm
Celebrate the Museum’s reinstallation of our Ancient Mediterranean gallery with artmaking, live music, dance performances, and in-gallery experiences fusing Egyptian, Greek and Roman culture.
· Dance to the global sounds of Libation’s DJ Ian Friday.
· Enjoy the “Mediterranean Nights Show” featuring the Egyptian tanoura dance, belly dance, and drumming by Yasser Darwish, Syrena Nikole, and Curtis Watts.
· Explore the history of Greek wine in a tasting session led by Tim Hirsch of Grand Cru Wine Consulting.
· Achieve immortality—like the ancient Romans as demonstrated by Portrait Bust of a Woman—by life casting your face, hands, or feet with artist, Jeanine Alfieri.
· Learn about and try your hand at Greek battle techniques as depicted in several vessels featuring Herakles aka Hercules. Led by fight choreographer, Rick Sordelet.
· The writing’s on the magnets for a hieroglyphic-inspired keepsake project.
· Guided tours of our newly reinstalled gallery.
About Late Thursdays
Reinvent your Thursday evenings with the Newark Museum’s Late Thursdays. Relax after hours with creatively inspired social evenings that offer a fresh take on the Museum’s captivating collections, through a dynamic mix of music, food, drinks, art, and entertainment.
Each evening focuses on a different topic or theme, generating a unique experience every time.