Get into the holiday spirit with a global fusion of activities, performances, and art from the Museum’s collection including the elegant Victorian decorations of the Ballantine House to traditions from Asia, Africa and the Americas.
• Enjoy a live musical set by hip-hop pioneers, DJ Hollywood and Coke La Rock as we jam to old-school hip-hop holiday tunes.
• Witness a spectacular LED light show with a variety of brilliantly lit props, dancing, juggling and non-stop fun set to global holiday music. Presented by Dragonfly Productions.
· Experience Finnish holdiay tradition of fortune-telling using melted tin and our live fortuneteller, Sassi.
· Make-and-take holiday craft workshop inspired by global traditions.
• Enjoy a light-themed a cappella medley during live in-gallery performances by The MetroChords.
· Enjoy holiday games from various cultures with an art-centric twist.
Program also includes:
· MakerSPACE Drop-in Activity
· Hands-on “Creative Play” and Family Gallery Workshops
· A teen-led gallery tours
· Planetarium screenings
Second Sundays is a series for all ages and takes place each month from October through June. Programs are designed to showcase the Museum’s special exhibitions and permanent collections and enhance the gallery experience.
Unless otherwise noted, all Second Sundays programs are included with general museum admission.
Second Sundays presented by: