December: It’s gon’ be lit for the winter solstice. We’ve got a global mash-up of holiday-themed activities, performances, and art from the Museum’s collection celebrating all things sparkly, shiny, and bright. Light refreshments will be served.
* Enter our ugly t-shirt contest.
* Light up the night with a radiant performance by LED robots and drummers.
* Melted tin and light are combined for readings by our live fortunteteller, Sassi.
* Sketch our live, flamboyantly costumed winter god figure model, Darrell Thorne.
* Enjoy a light-themed a cappella medley during live in-gallery performances.
About Late Thursdays
Reinvent your Thursday evenings with the Newark Museum’s Late Thursdays. Relax after hours with creatively inspired social evenings that offer a fresh take on the Museum’s captivating collections, through a dynamic mix of music, food, drinks, art, and entertainment.