Commemorate National Hispanic Heritage Month with a Latinx fusion twist. Explore the blending of Latinx, African, American and various other cultures through a diverse range of activities referencing objects from the Museum’s collection.
Tickets are free for Museum members and Newark residents; $5 for general admission. Click here for tickets
- A special live musical performance by Freestyle Music Queen, Lisa Lisa performing her classic hits, “I Wonder if I Take You Home,” “Can You Feel the Beat,” and more! Lisa Lisa hits the stage at 7:30 pm. Seating is first come, first served.
- Hit the dancefloor during the Fusion Dance Party with DJ Duce Martinez spinning the best in salsa, samba, rumba, Afro-Latin jazz, and more.
- Grab a partner and learn to salsa in speed dance classes.
- Participate in a hands-on cooking class preparing guacamole with a Brazilian flavor.
- Celebrate the 55th anniversary of legendary Afro-Cuban Latin jazz musician Mongo Santamaria’s album, “Watermelon Man” with a visual lecture inside our planetarium presented by iconic radio personality, Dyana Williams.
- Enjoy a sneak preview of the inaugural Newark Latino Film Festival.
- Program also includes MakerSPACE Drop-ins and gallery tours.