2017 Theme: Exploring America
Six Individual One-Week Sessions for Ages 3-14
Monday through Friday, July 5 - August 11, 2017
For more information about schedule and registration fees, click here.
To register, click here.
To receive your Museum Member or Newark Resident coupon code please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Come spend the summer with us at Camp Newark Museum, a fun, innovative six-week experience where children expand their knowledge through exploration of the Museum’s world class art and science collections. Arouse curiosity by investigating treasures made by man and by nature to gain a new perspective of the world around us. Campers transform materials using their imagination through our hands-on, inquiry driven S.T.E.A.M. curriculum, while also getting an insider’s view of the Museum’s expansive galleries.
In the words of a camp parent, “This camp rocks...[It’s] the magic, the intangibles, that enhance the program beyond measure. Camp Newark Museum is a S.T.E.A.M. program…joining a handful of trailblazing programs adding the Arts to S.T.E.M.(Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). The children don’t just study stars and dissect cow eyes, they sing, they dance, they study world-renowned and little-known artists, they draw and paint and mold, glass-blowing, maker-spacing, soul-inspiring ART. It’s outrageously wonderful.”
Each week your child will participate in:
• Daily insider’s tours of one or more of the Museum's 80 art and science galleries
• Art-making including drawing, painting, ceramics, printmaking, jewelry and sculpture
• Science labs such as nanotechnology, natural sciences, renewable energy and astronomy
• Makerspace workshops from low tech to high tech, from sewing to soldering to circuitry
• Performance art, including theater arts, dance and spoken word
• Planetarium shows in the Museum’s Alice & Leonard Dreyfuss Planetarium
• Glass working classes for campers ages 9 and up with GlassRoots
• Jazz concerts in the garden and the Newark Black Film Festival Youth Cinema
• Outdoor activities in the Museum’s sculpture garden
• Performance Showcase and Art Exhibitions of campers’ work on Fridays for parents
Now Accepting New Registrations for All Weeks!
Closed, Waitlist Only:
Ages 9-11: Week 5, Week 6