Experience a wide array of Japanese culture from fashion to food to music through the lens of our new exhibition, Kimono Refashioned: 1870s-Now!
* Enjoy live hip-hop taiko drum performers
* Create sushi food art inspired by kimono patterns
* Learn how to shop for kimono prints as inspiration for floral arrangements
* Learn about the history of kimonos, its presence in pop culture, and issues of tension between cultural appropriation, inspiration and/or appreciation.
* Program also includes MakerSPACE Drop-ins, gallery tours, planetarium shows and more.
Second Sundays presented by