Let's go crazy for manga (comics created in Japan.) Enjoy activities referencing manga-inspired clothing on display in Kimono Refashinoned: 1870s-Now! Plus, a special tribute to manga pioneer, Osamu Tezuka (Astro Boy) in advance of his posthumous 90th birthday. Cosplay costumes are encouraged.
• Play Wii video games "Naruto" and "Astro Boy,” anime-themed board games and peruse a special selection of manga books.
• A J-pop (Japanese pop) live musical showcase by Havoc Group.
• Create your own manga strip and have it printed onto a t-shirt.
• Learn how to draw manga fashion inspired by kimonos.
• A lecture on “God of Manga” Osamu Tezuka and manga fashion. Led by Erica Friedman.
• Program also includes MakerSPACE Drop-ins; gallery tours; planetarium shows; and more.