DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER, THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Do it for the kulture—Japanese culture, that is. Experience Japanese fashion, food, music, games and more through the lens of Kimono Refashioned: 1870s-Now!
• Check out our live show inspired by Japanese TV variety shows: “Kimono Kulture,” featuring karaoke, live hip-hop/EDM kimono dancers, J-pop (Japanese pop), trivia, prizes, and a comedic host.
• Beauty makeovers inspired by kimono patterns.
• Create sushi food art inspired by kimono patterns.
• Learn how to shop for kimonos in a speed Japanese language course.
• Program also includes MakerSPACE Drop-ins; gallery tours; and a brief visual lecture in the planetarium.
About Late Thursdays
Reinvent your Thursday evenings with the Newark Museum’s Late Thursdays. Relax after hours with creatively inspired social evenings that offer a fresh take on the Museum’s captivating collections, through a dynamic mix of music, food, drinks, art, and entertainment. Please note: Late Thursdays are designed for adult audiences.
Each evening focuses on a different topic or theme, generating a unique experience every time.
If you haven't already, sign up for our monthly emails and receive information about all our upcoming programs. Click here to sign up today.