Celebrate Black History Month with a look to the AfroFuture, inspired by the Museum's Arts of Africa collection and special exhibition Skywriters & Constellations by Kambui Olujimi.
* A live Afrofuturism-inspired music and dance performance
* Afrofuturism-inspired dance workshops
* Learn how to make a staple food item from black cultures with an Afrofutristic spin
* Dress for the future in a wearable art workshop, inspired by objects from the Arts of Africa collection
* A multimedia lecture on the basic tenets of Afrofuturism and its influence on pop culture
* Also enjoy gallery tours and planetarium shows throughout the day
Second Sundays is presented by