Second Sundays is a series for all ages and takes place each month from October through June. Programs are designed to showcase the Museum’s special exhibitions and permanent collections and enhance the gallery experience.
Unless otherwise noted, all Second Sundays programs are included with general museum admission.
December: Get into the holiday spirit with a global fusion of activities, performances, and art from the Museum’s collection including the elegant Victorian decorations of the Ballantine House to traditions from Asia, Africa and the Americas.
* Enjoy a spectacular LED light show with a variety of brilliantly lit props, dancing, juggling and non-stop fun set to global holiday music.
* Experience Finnish holdiay tradition of fortune-telling using melted tin and our live psychci, Sassi.
* Make-and-take holiday craft workshop inspired by global traditions.
* Enjoy holiday games from various cultures with an art-centric twist.
Program also includes:
· MakerSPACE Drop-in Activity
· Hands-on “Creative Play” and Family Gallery Workshops
· A teen-led gallery tours
· Planetarium screenings
Second Sundays presented by:
Upcoming dates (details coming soon):
January 14, February 11, March 11, April 8, May 13, June 10